Thursday, May 28, 2015

Critical path is the longest

So, Paris. 
The guy I'll be staying with I've only met once in real life. It was a dark and stormy night... hah no. I was in Lapland on a ski trip with people from uni and the last night after passing out on the sofa in our cabin (we had to drink a lot to keep warm okay) I woke up at like 10pm, took a quick shower and said to the only other girl still at the cabin that we're going to a bar now, haha. At the bar/club we were all having such a good time and I see this guy and I'm thinking damn, he's gorgeous. I noticed him because he was looking at me but I thought he couldn't actually be interested in me, I'm not that lucky. But then we started talking for a little and my memory is quite hazy in terms of what happened at the bar but then he said he was going to go to the restroom really quick and I thought it was just an excuse to get rid of me, haha. I went to dance with my friend and some random guy. He actually came back and he's told me later on that he was so disappointed when he saw me dancing with that other guy. I danced with him for quite a while and then at some point he said he was going to go talk to his friends because they were leaving. Again I thought he got tired of me so I went by my self-protection mechanism, moving on to something or someone else in a heartbeat so I wouldn't feel bad if he just disappeared on me. Well in a minute he came back and I was dancing on a podium so he held out his hand demanding me to come down and soon after we left the place to go to his cabin. I still don't understand how it's possible to connect with someone like that in such a short amount of time, and the fact that it was mutual.. We were electric. It was like one of those things you wouldn't ever expect to happen to you. We spent the night together and he's the best I've ever had. It was the first time I didn't want to leave right after. Our bus was leaving early the next morning though so I couldn't stay and sleep with him but we laid there for a long time, his head was on my chest and I stroked his hair. I love his hair, which he thinks is funny. I couldn't help staring at him and really we stared at each other a lot, he said he felt like an alien. He walked me all the way back to my cabin and we said goodbye eventually, I really thought that was it and I was prepared for it to be just another one night stand. Before he walked away he said "I didn't get to see the northern lights but it doesn't matter, this was just as great." We were texting for a while after that and then we kind of agreed to stop because it was frustrating missing each other. Obviously we started texting again later haha. I really like to sing and play the guitar and sometimes I record songs too, he's basically the only person I share those with. And now I'll get to see him again in the summer. He still calls me his northern light.

ooh-la-la | via Tumblr

 quote

 sea

 But what kind of heart doesn't look back?



 Took this picture right before we left, the place is a real winter wonderland.



S

No comments:

Post a Comment